Young Leaders Academy team from Alexandria, Egypt is honored to be a part of the first “First Global Challenge”.
Our team consists of 4 members: Amany, Youmna, Mohannad & Mohamed, our ages range from 15-16 years old. Amany & Mohamed are grade 10 students, while Yomna & Mohannad are grade 9 students.
We all share the same passion; our love for robotics! Even our brothers & sisters, younger & older, study robotics too J
We are currently training real hard to compete in our national Vex Iq Robotics competition “Crossover challenge” on March 3rd & 4th. Last year, Amany & Youmna’s team won 1st place in the first Vex National competition in Egypt & Youmna was fortunate to be among the Egyptian team that represented Egypt in Vex Worlds last April 2016 in Louisville, Kentucky.
Youmna, Mohamed & Mohannad have joined several FLL & WRO national competitions in the past years & won different awards.
By learning robotics, we acquired many valuable skills:
- We learned how to work as a team.
- We learned how to document all our work through designing engineering notebooks.
- We learned self-confidence through presentations in front of a panel of judges, how to accept criticism & work on our flaws & mistakes.
- We learned good sportsmanship.
- Most importantly, we learned how to have fun & make friends!
Our coach, Ms.Sondos , is a 2nd year Mechatronics student in the Arab Academy for Science & Technology. She has joined many robotics competitions when she was our age: FLL, WRO, ROBOCUP & currently a member in the ROV team in college. She has represented Egypt in several international competitions.
We look forward to being a part of this great event & hope to be the best ambassadors to our beautiful Egypt.